Thursday, February 28, 2008

Why am I still awake?

It's Friday, it's been a long week. I should be asleep, right? No. I've spent the last hour trying to figure out how to get my blog to look better because I changed mine and ended up with the same layout as Sheryl's. Again! After I hassled her for copying mine the first time. What are the odds? (Sheryl, I look at blogs through Google Reader so I hardly ever see what they really look like. But obviously, we are kindred spirits!!)

I'm technologically savvy, for the most part. I hooked up every piece of electronics equipment I own with pretty much no help and I'm pretty good with computers but why can't I make my blog look cute and unique? I really tried and all I did was screw it up.

I emailed a girl who pretties up blogs but it was going to cost like $75 or so. You all know I love to spend money but that just seems kind of pricey when I could probably talk a guy at work into making me something but he's a guy and it'll probably be all guy-ish. I want to look cute but I will live with the ugly boring Blogger templates until someone takes pity on me and helps me. (Um, Jasmine????) And maybe it just doesn't matter what my blog looks like because most people are probably Google Reader'ers like me. You're all thinking "get over it" aren't you? Okay, fine!

Just a couple of random thoughts because I did just post a novella yesterday:

1. Like most women in America, George Clooney is my idea of pure fabulousness but I also have this huge celebrity crush on Robert Downey Jr. Now I know some of you might question my choice of celebrity crushes. But you know what? I love him. Truly. I first fell in love with him when I saw Heart and Souls and then even more so when he was on Ally McBeal. Naturally, I stuck by him during the whole drug thing. What kind of girl would I be if I just dumped him for falling asleep in a neighbor kid's bed when he was all high and stuff? It was a cry for help! ;) But now he's fine and Iron Man is coming out on May 2. Robert Downey Jr as a super hero? Can it get any better than that? Well maybe. Watch this, this and this too. And let's say it together: yum.

2. I'm skipping the RS activity in the AM because even though I know they tried, it seems to be very much geared toward the marrieds instead of the singles. They're ending with a wedding dress fashion show and that just isn't all that appealing to me. I promise I'm not feeling sorry for myself - I just know it would be better for me personally to stay away.

3. AND, I'm taking my almost four year old niece to the Storybook Theatre production of Three Little Pigs in the morning instead. That will be much more enjoyable AND I can pretty much guarantee I'll leave there feeling perfectly okay about being single, which probably wouldn't happen if I went to the RS thing.

4. My new favorite song? "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. Go find it and listen to it!

5. I've completed 1.5 items on my to-do list from yesterday. lame.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Janssen said...

I used the instructions on this website and I was really happy about being able to make mine look the way I wanted. Good luck!

http://www.sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/

lilibet said...

I must admit, I'm more of a Christian Bale fan myself. Something about RDJ's eyes bug me.