A woman I know from church called me the other night. She said she wanted my permission to give out my phone number. She had met a man who came into her home to give her a bid on a home improvement project and during the course of his visit, he asked if she knew any single women 45-65 who "had a big heart." She apparently thought of me, even though I'm four LONG years away from 45. She said he was very nice and then she said, "well, he's 57."
Um. Yes, you read that correctly. 57.
I have nothing against 57 year old men. I'm sure this particular 57 year old man is a very nice guy. But I do not want to date someone 16 years older than me. Yet. I know some might think, "hey, it's a date." I say to those people, "it's a date with a virtual stranger who is not of my faith and probably has kids a few years younger than me."
It's just a little icky.
3 comments:
Hey, you know, I met my husband on LDS Singles On-line you know.. yup. I did... he is normal (Fairly) and we are still married 8 years and 3 kids later! IT IS A MIRACLE! ;) Blind dates.. you never know. (Ours was blind)
and I thought my blind date with the 31 year old was an age gap...
since you put it that way! :)
Post a Comment