Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Nie Nie, Wicked, Biggest Loser, and more!

Did you watch Oprah today? Oh my goodness. I cried all through Stephanie's segment. She is just inspiring and I wish they'd spent more time on her rather than the other mom who visited Stephanie's home because she wasn't appreciating motherhood. That was nice and all but I would have rather heard more from Stephanie herself. But my two random thoughts after watching are:
  1. How many more hits did her blog get today?
  2. When Oprah asked the other mom what she thought about the "energy" in the Nielson home I almost laughed out loud. It's the Holy Spirit, people...call the missionaries and you can have it too! You know you want it...

Kim and I had a great time at "Wicked" last week. Our seats were perfect -- first row of the mezzanine, center. It was just as wonderful this time as it was a few years ago. It's more "glitzy" or something now, though -- you can tell the production has more money this time around. Everything is just more fabulous. As expected, I did cry throughout "For Good." Sigh. Next we're going to see "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" which surprisingly, I've never seen!

I'm going to be in a video webcast at work in a couple of weeks. I might need a new outfit. I'm just sad I can't get my roots done before filming. I don't think it'll be available for viewing outside of my company firewall. Sorry. I know this disappoints my many fans (all two of you) but it's out of my control.

First camp meeting tonight! Yes, it's only October but we have to start staffing up for next year.

Biggest Loser? Tracey is still a nutjob. Julio looks awesome. But the thing that bugged the most was the fact that Bob & Jillian don't let the contestants eat grapes, melon or mango. I know it's because they are on a specific diet plan to lose the maximum amount of weight in the shortest amount of time but you cannot tell me that they are going to gain weight eating a cup of grapes. I'll bet the table grapes people or the watermelon commission was pretty unhappy watching that last night. But you know what, food commission people? I'll still be eating grapes and watermelon. I think a lot of people I know will too. It'll be okay.

2 comments:

Koko said...

hahaha grapes, grapes, grapes Ah well, I don't like them all that much anyway. I cried during Stephanie's today too (well, a Kim cry -- teary eyes). LOVED going to Wicked with you and I'm so sad I'm missing Joseph! :( Yay for camp -- but more, yay for the girls who get to work with you!!

Jill said...

Yeah, Nie nie was amazing. She is so awesome, and I wish they would have put a plug in for "the spirit" too!!
I'm bummed they are dividing into teams this week on BL. I liked just having Jillian and Bob help all of them.