Thursday, December 15, 2011

Be a better blogger

So if you look at the archive on my sidebar, you'll see that 2011 has not been a good year for blogging. In fact, this entry is only my 30th for the entire year.  That's kind of sad, isn't it? I think it is.

I was thinking about it and I've come to the conclusion that I just never think to blog about the normal stuff I do every day.  For example, yesterday I brought Denae's mint brownies to work (and received no less than 3 marriage proposals: from one married man plus from two gay men.  The mint brownies are pretty powerful so consider yourself warned!)  Then after work I stopped at the King's, we ate some pizza and then I went to my last Young Women in Excellence night for the year.  I mean, it was certainly a fun day but I'm thinking the only person who wants to read a detailed account of my day is Kim and that's only because she's so far away in dang London.  But do you know who else is interested in my minutiae?

Me.

So here's my point...I'm going to try and blog about stuff I would normally never think to blog about.  Why?  Well, it's not for any of you, really. I mean, I love comments and I love feedback and I love the friends I've made through this blog (seriously, blogging has truly blessed my life.)  But it's because I went back and read some of my past entries this week and I love love LOVE that I have this little record of my life since 2008.  My blog isn't the greatest blog out there.  I haven't even updated my layout since I started, pretty much.  I'm not the best at putting pictures on here.  I know I blogged too much about television shows and I've also left a lot of the good stuff out because I'm a chicken but you know what?  I still like this blogging thing a whole lot.

So here's to more blogging in 2012!

6 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

cheers!!!
sounds great!

CK Morgan said...

yay for more blogging. My mom will probably die when she sees that you made mint brownies :)

Callie said...

Um, I want to know the minutae too. I am a stay at home mom with a very young baby and I NEED TO LIVE THROUGH YOUR AWESOME LIFE! Because seriously, My big weekend plans are to keep kids quiet backstage at the ward christmas party nativity production. Score.

Lindsey said...

I am the same way. I enjoy blogging, and continue to do it, NOT FOR THE COMMENTS, BECAUSE NO ONE DOES THAT ANYMORE! But for the record and times in my life. I love looking back. Right now, I have the opposite problem. I have LOTS to blog about, and no time... But, I need to do better too, because so much is happening, I want to have a record. Here's to more blogging!

Anonymous said...

I'm always interested in your blog. I really don't like the big showy blogs with ads and fancy layouts-- I prefer real, wonderful people like you!

Koko said...

always love whatever you're writing!