Monday, February 13, 2012

Fun with the Connell's & the swim team

I was a complete idiot yesterday and totally forgot to go to another ward to hear one of my most favorite young men in the world speak before he leaves for his mission next week.  FYI, I rarely forget important things.  I just don't.  I remember the most ridiculous, trivial minutiae and I forget to go listen to Dallin speak before he leaves for South America for two whole years?  The fact that I forgot something so major just kills me.  Seriously.  I'm still dying about it.

This is Dallin - he is amazing.  And forgiving. I taught him Primary the year he got baptized so we go way back.  And my hair is long - wow.


So when I wrote to his mom, my dear friend Lynda, and apologized for being such an idiot, she did what anyone would do in a situation like this and that is, invite the idiot to dinner.  So of course, I said yes and seriously had the time of my life.


I love this family so much.  We were missing Greg who is away at school and Rachel who is on her own mission far far away but we had the best time tonight.  That's Sterling up above helping John and Lynda fix dinner for us and the missionaries.


This is Aaron.  The girls at church love him. He hugs me a lot so the young women all wish they were me.


Dinner was yummy and then we had a super fun activity - we dyed the hair of the high school boys swim team! They are so awesome and are going to State this weekend and they all wanted to dye their hair blond.

This kid is apparently an incredible swimmer and will probably go to the Olympics in four years.

I am the envy of  nearly every young woman in my stake.

Lynda and me - waiting for the boys to get fully blondified.  Yes, that's a real word.

Some rinsed, some not.
These were really great boys and their hair turned out great.  I'd never dyed anyone's hair before so it was very fun to see it actually worked.  I'm kind of wondering why I pay someone to do mine.

Um, no, not really.

3 comments:

CK Morgan said...

Oh I love the connells. So jealous you got to spend so much time with them. Can't believe Dallin is already leaving!

Natalie Smith said...

haha...that is fun you took part in the hair fun.

Koko said...

That Lynda and family are so fun! Add you to the mix and it's crazy fun! This funny tradition has been around a long time (dying hair)...I'm just glad it didn't catch on with the girls haha by the way, Aaron is looking like a MAN!