For the past few years, I've driven a few hours south to spend conference weekend with one of my dearest friends, Patty and her darling family.
Her husband and oldest son were doing some humanitarian work in Guatemala (installing stoves in homes - so awesome) but cute Cameron (age 10) and Thys (age 7) were there and ready to play. I used my iPad for the pics. Not bad! I also started this using the Blogger app but they loaded in backwards order and then I couldn't do anything with them from the app. Ah, technology. I'll caption and it'll be fine...right?
My favorite talks were by Elder Hallstrom, President Uchtdorf and Elder Ballard. I also really liked Elder Rasband's talk. Oh and the cute Scottish GA who talked about single parents was fantastic. Oh and Elder Holland was great as usual. So much goodness this time around. Hope you enjoyed conference as much as we did.
 |
| I helped Patty redecorate her oldest son's room during conference breaks. We love the way it turned out. Inspiration from here |
 |
| The cute girl on the top was one of my YW - she's was in the MTC choir on Saturday. So fun to see her! |
 |
| The remnants of monkey bread and my boring raspberry limeade on the table. I've decided I just really miss the fizz of DC. Well, amongst other things. |
 |
| Cute boys doing their conference packets |
 |
| The beautiful redhead in the center was one of my camp girls, also in the MTC choir. Yes I was just as excited to see my girls as I was to see Archie. |
 |
| Copied this idea from Pinterest and it was a HIT. It really helped the boys to listen and pay attention. If you can't tell, the word "prophet" or the names of prophets were the most said during conference. |
 |
| I love my friend. Patty and I are like sisters and we always have the best time together. |
4 comments:
Hallstrom I think was my favorite talk. I cried more in this conference than usual. I love the candy idea, hope I remember it for next time. Dale bribed the kids to stay awake with a candy bar. I think your candy idea would have kept them awake better.
So fun you got to spend conference at your friends place. Love the candy idea.
What a lovely time! I want to watch conference with you guys!
I like the candy idea!!! Next time you know to make a big bowl for "prophet"! Oh, and i'm loving the new blog layout too ;o)
Post a Comment