- It's supposed to be close to 90 here today. I say "yay" now but will be hating it come bedtime when my ground floor condo is disgustingly hot and I can't leave the windows open because I fear being robbed, raped, and/or pillaged whilst I sleep.
- I got a pedicure yesterday. It's been like 8 months since my last one. I have no idea why I waited so long. I love having pretty, painted toes. I pretty much stick to OPI "I'm not really a waitress." It's the best color ever.
- HELP NEEDED! On Monday it'll be 4 weeks exactly until camp. I still don't have identifiers figured out for my girls. An identifier is something they wear while at camp to set them apart from the other levels. It should go with the theme of camp (AWARDS) and also our level theme (Musicals.) Think hollywood glamour (but not feather boas because they're messy & hot.) I have an idea for something that involves sewing but haven't pulled the trigger yet. (don't want to post it just in case any of the girls are reading my blog.) Most people do some sort of hat, visor, scarf but I want to be different. Things to remember - it'll be hot, I have a miniscule budget, and these girls usually like to stand out from the crowd because it's their last year and they want to shine. Any fabulous ideas will be happily accepted.
- I'm leaning toward Jeremy or Jesse for DeAnna on the Bachelorette. Although, Jason really seems to like her and I love his sweetness & his darling son, I just don't see them together. But here's a question, have you seen her do any press or interviews where she says "I'm engaged" or "I'm in love" like we saw Matt doing last year? I haven't. Is it just because it's summer and all of the talk shows are on vacation? Or is it because she chooses no one on the finale??? Hmm.
- I'm so loving the Legally Blonde show on MTV! Is anyone watching it???
- SYTYCD -- I'm still totally on the Katee & Joshua bandwagon but also loving Twitchington. Such a fun show! I can even handle Mary's screaming. Go figure.
- I'm switching cell phone plans in a week and I can't wait. I will be on the same plan as my sister & mom AND I'm going to get a fun new phone that will let me text more easily & send/receive pictures. The techno-geek inside of me is thrilled to have a new gadget.
- I'm up to four packages I haven't yet mailed but need to mail. I went so far as to get the flat rate box I need for Hawaii but why can't I just go to the post office? Is it because there is always a mondo long line and only two people working the counter which means at least a half hour inside a tiny waiting area? Is it because the people you stand in line with have no sense of personal space and they stand way too close? Is it because there just aren't enough hours in the day to actually drive there? Answers gladly accepted in the comments section.
I think I'm going to work on camp projects outside and maybe get a little sun. Hope you have a sunny day wherever you are!
2 comments:
LOL! I was just wondering where the Hawaii package was! Take your time. If you hold onto it long enough, we'll be there to bring it back ourselves. P.S. we still have Dick's Father's Day package on the table by the door waiting to go to the Post Office. I'm pretty sure I refuse to go while school is out with all 4 kids... can ya BLAME ME?
Ah, it's fun to be back and reading Jeanellie's blog! Lots of good stuff in there. I think you should stick with your first thought for the identifier...silky sheen! haha I joined you in the hot days...from afar. You made me so curious about the Bachelorette that I had to tune in last night since everyone was gone...quite interesting. How can you smooch around like that?!
Post a Comment