Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 5th of July

If you invite me over, I'll bring you treats because I love to bake for other people.

Yesterday, I baked some of these:

then some of these:


and then some of these:



(If you haven't tried making Denae's Blog Brownies yet, you should. And if you haven't put the leftovers in the fridge to enjoy later, what is wrong with you?)

First, I brought the cupcakes to the Happy Hartman Home for a great lunchtime BBQ with a lot of the Primary children and other church friends. They were so nice to host and the weather held (in Seattle, it almost always rains on the 4th.) Fun party!

Later, I brought the lemon bars (which should have come out of the oven 3 minutes earlier) and the brownies out to Boni's family's home which is on a lake south of where I live. The food was awesome and so was the company. We had a great time just socializing all afternoon. We watched the fireworks from the beach until it was just about to rain. We timed our return to the house perfectly and made it back inside just before a short downpour. The rain didn't last long and we stood out on the deck and watched the most amazing view of seemingly professional fireworks all across the lake. You almost didn't know where to look most of the time because there were that many!

A few random updates:
  • I really don't enjoy fireworks unless they're the big, up-in-the-sky type. I completely despise those stupid bees -- you know, the ones that just fly up in the air and you really have no idea where they're going because they might go sideways and land in your eye and blind you? Yeah, I hate those.
  • I made the mistake of buying strawberry Carmex. Disgusting.
  • I went to the Post Office today! I still have a bunch of stuff to mail but I'm making progress, got the right boxes, etc. I should have everything all mailed by Monday night.
  • SYTYCD? I love that show so much! I loved the opening group number on Thursday to that Money song from Cabaret.
  • Boni & I made cards today - so fun! Making cards is so therapeutic and relaxing. Love it.

7 comments:

D-dawg said...

We would be friends for sure. I love to bake treats. The mint brownies are still my fav. I'm glad you like them! Those cupcakes look delicious too.

Jill said...

YUMMY!!!!!!! Come over, quick! lol.
SYTYCD rocks huh. I totally LOVE it. Good thing that is still on because after Monday night's finale of Bachelorette I will be sad!!!!

Koko said...

YEE-UM! :) And thanks for saving me some! You are so kind to me!! Glad you got those packages mailed, silly! Hey, Wall-E was fun...thanks for motivating us to watch it! :)

Matt and Jen said...

How 'bout if I come to YOUR house... and you STILL bake for me :o)

CK Morgan said...

Oh my gosh, those lemon bars look so good! I almost had to go make some here :) You are so nice to bake for everyone. I hope you had a relaxing holiday! Miss you. Oh, by the way, I need to ask you how are you supposed to respond to comments made on your blog? Do you write back on your own blog or go to their blog and write on their last post? I'm so new at this. I kept meaning to write back to you but wasn't sure where to do it...haha. Please enlighten me :) oh, by the way, that was clark that commented on your how old is too old blog, not me.

lilibet said...

LOL! I hate those fireworks, too! If I must venture outside on the 4th, I look like a paranoid schizophrenic watching for the agents in black coming to get him.

ammunk said...

So...um...I am going to be home in August for a visit. Want to come over? :)