Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Bachelor -- my two cents

You all know I'm a Washington girl so I watched last night's show with great interest. Okay, I watch every episode with great interest - whatever! Thank you J&P for the fun TV party last night. I highly recommend watching this show with friends - it's much more fun to make sarcastic comments to others than just to the TV. Here are some tidbits I found interesting:
  • Like Kelley blogged today, that was SO not Jason's house. I'm sorry to burst your bubble! They always say Jason lives in Kirkland which is across the water (via a busy, traffic-filled bridge) from downtown Seattle. There's no way they would be taking the time to transport him between the two locations so they must have rented him a houseboat in Seattle. Also, Jason's sister-in-law (who was briefly featured last night) basically admitted on the radio this morning that that wasn't where he really lives. Ah, the magic of television.
  • Speaking of the radio, I'm a regular listener of the radio station & morning show DJs who interviewed Jason and the girls last night. Jackie & Bender talked a lot about the shoot this morning. They said they had to come in at night to do it and it took 4 hours to film but they ended up only showing roughly 10 minutes of footage. They also weren't told there were still two more contestants who we saw in the hotel listening to the show.
  • Bender said he spent most of the time commenting (sarcastically) about how the girls all have headshots. He thought it was interesting that girls who claim to be on this show to fall in love would have professional headshots. He accused them all of trying to be the next Bachelorette. Bender also called Jillian an "attention whore." He said she was just obnoxious during their filming. Jackie said despite that, the girls were as sweet and nice as they appeared and that Stephanie's makeup is even worse in person (way too heavy.)
  • Speaking of Stephanie, I hate the whole kissing him anywhere but on his lips thing that she keeps on doing. Jasmine and I were covering our eyes. ICK! We think she needs a nice, 50 year old, rich husband who will dote on her & her daughter. Hopefully she finds him soon because she's really such a nice person - just not right for Jason.
  • They totally lucked out on the weather. We rarely get nice fall days like that here!

My favorite to win is still Melissa but I like the others as well, except Naomi. I just see Naomi leaving him in a couple of years -- no long term potential there at all.

Where is DeAnna??? And doesn't this season seem to be FLYING by? It just started the first of January and we're down to the final four already. Wow!

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

Oh yeah, I knew that was not his place (of course not!) No one with a kid that age would live in a house boat!!! I feel bad that guy didn't like Jillian! I thought she was nice. I like your synopsis for Stephanie. An old rich man would be great for her!

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love the juicy gossip! I used to live in Bellevue and I too would listen to Jackie and Bender! Stephanie, although super nice just was way too weird. You're totally right about the kissing thing. I felt so awkward just watching them! but she is already loaded! Her deceased husband was a very successful business man and there is even a YMCA that is being built in his (and his family member who also died in the crash) name. and I too can not stand Naomi. she is super fake to me.

Jazzy said...

Amen sista! Seriously, you had a lot of good inside info!

Magdalena said...

Okay, Okay, unknown stalker here... I am now a regular reader of your blog thanks to this post. Keep up the juicy good work!

Vanessa said...

Thanks for the insight! I thought his house seemed to "Sleepless in Seattle-esque". And Stephanie...I am her same age and she just looks so old! (i hope i don't!) On to next week...can't wait!

Jill said...

I love hearing opinions on the Bachelor. I think Melissa is adorable, but ready to be a mom and a wife all in one? I think reality will slam her in the face! She's just too cute though!