Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Thoughts on a Tuesday

  • Navy SEALs? Holy cow. They are so totally awesome. I know they train for situations like that but the fact that they took those three pirates out, simultaneously, in the dark, in a boat while floating on the ocean is really just incredible. Now if someone would just figure out what to do about those stupid pirates - enough already.
  • That glazed ham I made for Easter (too lazy to link - look at my last entry) turned out SO good. I highly recommend you make it next time you make a ham. Quick, easy and yummy. I think next time I'll double the glaze and keep the 2nd batch to serve on the side (we are a sauce-loving family.)
  • I'm co-hosting three bridal showers over the next few months. Yes, three. I have one game I like to play at showers -- it's a matching game of wedding related words and the prizes are treats that go along with that word. It's nice because it's fun and not a traditional (aka boring and stupid) shower game and hello, the prizes are candy bars. However, I can't play it at all of the showers. Anyone have a good idea of some sort of game or activity? I mean, they could just show up, watch the bride open gifts and then eat but we need SOMETHING else, don't we?
  • Camp meeting tomorrow night - I think I'm ready.
  • Yes, I watch a lot of TV. Well, I TiVo a lot of shows and sometimes I actually get around to watching what I TiVo, sometimes I delete everything. Lately I've been watching some episodes of Friday Night Lights - it's such a great show. Seriously. And Tim Riggins? Yum.
  • In the last 3 days, I have done the following to my left hand: cuts in three different places, jammed a notebook up underneath my thumbnail until it bled, burned my thumb and forefinger with my hair straightener and then bent the already injured thumbnail back. All to the same dang hand! What is wrong with me? Sheesh. And the sore thumb really cuts into my texting! I'm done with having a hand that hurts all over.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

If you like the Navy Seal's exucution of that even, try watching "The Unit".
You always have great games, who would be upset over more candy bars.
At least its not the right hand?

Callie said...

Boo on your hand. Not to mention you have to write with that one too! Who's showers are you doing? Are you helping with Michelle Cook's? I hope your hand gets better super fast!

Jill said...

Friday night lights is the best show. It was me and my hubby's favorite. Is it back on again, or just reruns? I thought they cut the show. Stupidest idea ever!

marciw60 said...

Hi Jeanelle! Thanks for birthday wishes. Hey, your shower game sounds awesome. Would you mind sending it to me? I am going to a shower for LYndsay tomorrow so if there are some good games, I will let you knkokw. I used to do showers all the time, but for the life of me, I can't think of one right now. i will ponder. Also, what are you serving? Megan (my daugther) is giving Lyndsay a shower, so I need to help so any suggestions would be appreciate.d One more.... what is good to serve at weddings? WE are serving italian ice, but need the food to go with it. Lyndsay wants fruit too, but what else..... YOu are thebest, and I totally love your blog!!! I like Kris Allen too, he has grown on me, had no idea who he was at first!!!