On Friday, my fabulous friend Krysta gave me a gift card to Red Robin and a box full of cookies. Not just any box -- this box!
Fun, huh? My boss gave me a gift card to Williams Sonoma. I long to own an overpriced dutch oven like the one below. I just have to decide which color.

As I mentioned earlier, my sweet sister Jenilee came up to help me frost sugar cookies for the shower favors and then we stayed up watching TV shows we love (is it sad that I'm so excited about the out of wedlock pregnancy on the Office? Yes, it is.) After Callie's bridal shower, these darling boys washed my car for me. I love a clean car when it's sunny and beautiful outside.
The weather has been perfect all weekend -- 75-80 degrees. Just lovely.
Later in the afternoon, my family and I went to Panera for lunch. I don't think any of them had been there before so it was great to see them love it as much as I do. One of my nephews got a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and he marveled how it was "mostly jelly." Apparently, that's a good thing. Here's a picture of Jen and me. We're laughing because whenever I get ready for a picture, I make a little humming noise in the back of my throat. I don't know why but I have to think about it so I don't do it.
After lunch, we drove to Mom's house to hang out for a bit (here comes the sad part.) We were sitting out on the patio, enjoying the beautiful afternoon, watching the kids play. I asked one of my sisters to take a picture of me with one of my nieces. I handed her my beautiful, four month old camera (the camera I seriously love and bought with my Christmas gift card.) I saw her hand go up to take the camera from me (or so I thought) and I stupidly let the camera go and dropped it on the cement patio.
See the dented lens? Sigh. It won't open, close, focus, nothing. I just cried and cried. My sister Jaylene was so sweet and hugged me as I cried (she's not a big hugger so that made me cry more.) My mom and sisters immediately said they'd all chip in for a new camera so we went out to Costco but they no longer have cameras like mine. We got home and I left again to pick up Lynda and we met Kim and Callie down at Sam's and guess what? Sam's had my camera. PHEW! It's exactly the same except it has a blue matte finish instead of the smooth black finish of my old one.
After Sam's, we went to California Pizza Kitchen. YUM! I stepped out of my BBQ chicken chopped salad comfort zone and Lynda and I split a BLT pizza. It was pure heaven. Seriously.
Later we went back to Lynda's for a yummy birthday cake from Cold Stone (thank you Kim!)
Kim also gave me this beautiful new purse. The color didn't come through but it's a gorgeous red leather. I love it so much!
Tomorrow night is dinner with three of my dearest, longtime girlfriends plus I have two other nights out later this week. I love a birthday that lasts and lasts.
8 comments:
ooh, that's a goo birthday! You have a sweet family.
Best birthday ever! Looks like a great weekend, despite the camera debacle.
And, we are soul mates. I had to get rid of my CR-V when I had my 3rd child. I liked being the one without the van! I miss it.
I have never met anyone that does that humming thing for pictures like me. After my wedding day I had a dry throat for a week. WIERD! Glad you had a nice b-day...except for the cammera (that worked out too though, eh?)
No real comment, I love you!
LOVE that red purse! So cute. How sad about your camera. Glad you could get a new one. And cold stone cake? YUM!
Happy birthday sassy mama! - from some random blogger/stranger... Now will you please post about some random ramblings about Jillian already? The worlds needs your expertise!
Sounds like a terrific birthday, even with the camera. And that cake looks divine!
YAY! Happy late birthday! Sorry that I missed it. I am a horible person...sigh. Not to mention its too confusing to figure out what day everyone is on. jk Love you! and get better!
Post a Comment