Sunday, December 6, 2009

What I've accomplished recently

  • Finished my Christmas shopping (although I have one last thing to pick up yet.) And if you know me at all, my list is huge so this is a major accomplishment. Now I'll have lots of free time to bake and wrap.
  • Had a fabulous time in Portland with Michelle (where we did our shopping sales tax free, thank you state of Oregon.) Michelle told me that this weekend was the first time she was able to feel excited for Christmas, which made me happy considering the year she's had. We had a wonderful time shopping, laughing, crying, eating, walking, and making fun of the women who for Christmas shopping dress alike in horrible holiday garb (i.e. matching ratty Peanuts Christmas shirts, fanny packs,huge wrapped Christmas gift earrings, jeans with pink fabric sewn in the ankle to make them "flared." I tried so hard to get a picture of one of them trying on a lace, see-through shirt over her Peanuts shirt but couldn't get a good one. Use your imagination.)
  • Froze my you know what off. I came home to a freezing cold house because who wants to leave the heat on when you're out of town - not me. Temperature in my bedroom tonight? 57.4 degrees. Ouch.
  • Won a bet. Finally, the Seahawks won (and it's only for dinner so nothing I need to see the bishop about. lol)
  • Replaced the battery in my chirping smoke detector. It wasn't just a plop in a new battery easy fix but one that involves wires and tricky battery covers and super human finger strength. Thank you internet for having the instructions I needed!
  • Bought a whole bunch of stuff for myself. I am terrible but I kept finding things I loved this weekend like new pajamas (my only winter pajamas are Christmas ones), new Christmas bathroom decor (the alpine stuff from Target), and some other stuff I'm choosing not to list here because it means I have to admit I have an addiction to a certain brand.
  • Fixed my broken GPS. My GPS decided to die shortly after we arrived in Portland. I ignored the nice letter I got a couple of months ago telling me it would probably break thinking "oh mine's fine, it won't happen to me." Of course it breaks the time I need it most, right? Thank you, iPhone for leading us to the best deals this weekend.

Now if I could just get my tree up and decorated...

3 comments:

ammunk said...

sounds very productive! Loved the description of the horribly dressed shoppers :)

Koko said...

well, I'll say it once again -- you are AMAZING! Glad you won the bet -- for Seattle's sake, of course. :) I'm wondering if the addiction starts with C!!!

Jamie said...

YAY. Good work Sister Shaw! You are awesome!