Saturday, April 10, 2010

Things I loved, things I didn't: Vegas edition

I got home late Friday night after spending three fun days in Las Vegas with my dear friend Michelle and her darling daughter, Dani. They invited me to join them for part of their spring break at a timeshare just behind the Flamingo Hotel. Pictures at the end but first, here's what I loved and what I did NOT love about Vegas.

LOVED:
  • The Bellagio. I went to Vegas thinking I'd love the Venetian most of all but I am still dreaming about staying at the Bellagio the next time I visit. I loved the Dale Chihuly sculptures in the lobby but the Conservatory was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I want to go back and see how they change it for the different seasons. Click this link for more info. And then the night/water show out front? LOVED IT!
  • Serendipity 3's frozen hot chocolate. It totally lived up to the hype.
  • Brunch at Treasure Island. Mini-donuts people. That's all you need to know (and yes, I gained 0.4 at WW this week - don't judge.)
  • The painted ceilings in some of the malls. It made me happy to see blue skies and clouds inside.
  • Brighton stores (I counted two on the strip, two in the airport.) I bought a beautiful new watch. Plus, they give you darling bottles of water when you shop there. I loved getting something for free in such an expensive city.
  • The weather. It was sunny and 75-80 the entire time. I've missed being warm.
  • The Bellagio was far and away my favorite but the Venetian, New York New York, MGM Grand, Paris and Caesars were pretty incredible as well.
DID NOT LOVE:
  • All the smoking. Why do people bring their babies or children here? Seriously, not a good idea, in my humble opinion.
  • Watching pervy old men happily take the naked women cards handed out on the street.
  • The no law against walking around with alcohol. It's just weird to see but yet, also kind of funny to watch people walking around drinking out of a giant $20 Eiffel Tower replica.
  • People who think they can wear clothes they really have no business wearing. Michelle and I thought about setting up a booth just to offer our own fashion advice to the poor souls walking around in leopard pants, too high of heels and Ed Hardy anything.
  • Getting splashed by a Lexus driving by as we walked to brunch. I should have taken a picture of how wet I got but I was too busy being mad/sad about it. :(
And now, the pictures. Not in order...

The closest we got to Donny...I couldn't talk Michelle and Dani into seeing a show, dang it!

Me outside of the pirate ship at Treasure Island

Dani, Michelle and I waiting for the light show outside of the Bellagio.

The Conservatory at night

Cute snail at the Conservatory - his shell is all flowers

More Conservatory. Did I mention I loved it? I'm not sure if you knew that yet...

I can't remember where this is -- Caesar's? But more than the incredible statues, you should be noticing my fabulous purse.

Me and Michelley in the lobby at the Venetian. Again, rocking the cutest purse ever.

The Venetian again - loved these umbrellas

Dani and me shopping - look at the beautiful painted ceiling.

Me and Snoop

Sigh...Justin...

And finally, my favorite shot of the Conservatory. Yes, I want you to love it as much as I do!

8 comments:

Callie J said...

I'm glad you had a great time! I loved the conservatory too when Andrew and I went for our honeymoon. I only saw it for like 5 minutes when we were running in and out of the Bellagio to catch a water/night show outside but it was magical.

Vanessa said...

Looks like a fun time! Next time, Donny for sure!

Lindsey said...

Jeanelle, you are looking great! I loved your pix and love JT and the conservatory as much as you. :)How much have you lost? I want you to do a bloggy post about your ww journey!

CK Morgan said...

Do you love the conservatory?! ;) haha you did a good job on this and now I will have to visit sometime. :) You look super cute even without that purse. You and Marcia are purse lovers! Just give me a good bag. haha

Koko said...

haha that was me above..sorry...Kara shouldn't leave herself signed in! ;)

k.e.l.l.i.e. said...

ohhh...vegas. I agree. The Bellagio is the best! And did you stand on the staircase where Julia Roberts did in the Conservatory from Oceans 11? I did! Yes, the best! Did you go the M and M store? I know, not that we need anymore chocolate, but that was a mad crazy store! Nice pic of you and Snoop, throwing gang signs! hahaha!! So glad you had a good time, makes us home bodies jealous!

k.e.l.l.i.e. said...

P.S.
love the umbrellas!

ammunk said...

I have been so busy lately that I have not gotten in my blog reading. I am so glad I finally had a minute to catch up. It looks like you have been having a blast. I am so glad!