Sunday, December 19, 2010

Full heart

Here's why:

I went to the temple yesterday morning with dear friends, carrying my darling new bag given to me by my bosom friend, Kim.  (My bag is super cute - black and white damask. My old one was about 15 years old and in dire need of replacing.)

I spent the day yesterday celebrating the marriage of a girl I adore to her cute husband.  Anna was a beautiful bride and she and Zach were just so happy the entire day. The reception was beautiful too. Tricia, the mom and my baking buddy, did an amazing job creating a winter wonderland at the church.  Three huge trees in the center of the cultural hall.  Touches of pink, silver and white everywhere.  Just beautiful!

I sat with Anna's darling sister Adrian at the luncheon and loved catching up with her and her equally cute husband, Aaron.  To top it all off, Robert was there too.  I love that family! It was a perfect day.

Today I taught Relief Society.  It's so not something I'm comfortable doing but I made it through.  I'm so grateful for the women who speak up and help fill the time.  I worried I would run out of material but thankfully it all worked out okay.

I felt inspired to do something for someone I love today and I'm so glad I did it.  She was grateful and so am I for inspiration and the means to help those who need it.

One of my former young women is home from a semester in Jerusalem and told me that she wrote my name on a piece of paper and placed it in the Wailing (Western) wall while she was there.  It was all I could do to not cry when she told me. 

I'm so blessed.  I'll try not to forget next time I'm feeling sorry for myself.  Really!

4 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

What a beautiful weekend! You are blessed.

I wish I could have been in RS to hear you teach :(

Koko said...

I'm sorry I didn't comment in Relief Society...but it was really nice to hear others speak up and to hear their comments. That reception was beautiful and I know it meant a lot to that family to have you there!

Christie said...

Amen, sister. Amen. My heart is full, too. Love this time of year.

Adrian said...

I am so happy you could be there on Saturday! It was fun to visit. I don't see you often enough!