Thursday, January 5, 2012

How I spent my Christmas break, part vier

I shopped at Tiffany!  But first, a little background...

With the exception of my affection for Coach bags, I'm not a girl who is overly tied to name brand things.  For whatever reason, I got a few name brand gifts this year and it just sort of struck me funny.  They were all from people at the office, because, hello, those people owe me for all of the pain and suffering they put me through all year long (I kid, I kid.)

One day I came into work and found this box on my desk:


Inside was a lovely crystal candle holder from one of the VP's in the office.  A few days later, I got this from one of my beloved bosses:


My favorite perfume!  Thanks to KMZT for letting him know I was running low.  Then I had lunch with my other beloved boss and his wife and got this:


Yep.  The little blue box.  I was kind of excited, to be perfectly honest.  I figured this is my one and only time getting anything from this ridiculously overpriced store, you know?  Well, I untied the ribbon and inside was this:


It's a very pretty key holder that is registered to me so if I were to ever lose my keys, theoretically, some nice person would take them to their neighborhood Tiffany store and then I would miraculously get my keys back.  Of course, they wouldn't keep the key ring for themselves or sell it on eBay or something.

It was a very thoughtful idea and a really cool item to get but I have super cute key chains already.  See?


I've got this little pink/red theme going on plus I have my new favorite "Best Mom" key chain that Cindy gave me for Christmas (yeah...she's pretty dang awesome.)

So the boss and wife gave me the receipt for the key chain in case I wanted to exchange it and I decided to venture into the sort of intimidating Tiffany store for the first time ever last week to check out my options.  I had gone online and thought the key ring cost $125.  Well, I went to the store and they told me it was $175.  (Yes, you read that correctly.)  So I looked around, tried not to be freaked out by how expensive everything was and found this adorable key:


Ever since I read Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen, I've wanted to get myself a key necklace.  Isn't it pretty? I love it so much and it feels more like me than the key ring.  I told them about the exchange and they were fine with it - phew.

2 comments:

Natalie Smith said...

oh my spoiled girl. how fun. i love the key!

Christie said...

Lovely! I got one of those beautiful blue boxes a few years ago and seriously, I love the box as much as the bracelet that was inside it. There's just something about Tiffany...

And, hello! Do your bosses want to hire me!!! That is awesome.