Sunday, July 8, 2012

Late birthday recap

My birthday was nearly two months ago but since I've been on a bit of a blogging vacation, it never made the blog.  So in an effort to move my last somewhat whiny post down a bit, I'm going to play a little catch up and blog about my wonderful 45th birthday.

I took the day off on the actual day and met Lynda and Greg for lunch at Spaghetti Factory.  They brought me Greg-selected gifts...a fun hair thing to wear at camp and an electric bug zapper.  I've mentioned before how much I adore this guy but seriously, I adore him. (Know any fantastic 20-something women looking for a great guy??? I'd love to get him married off!)


After lunch, I met Michelle for a movie to see The Avengers - loved it.  But during the movie, I started getting panicked texts from Susan so after the movie I called her to find out what was wrong.  Our friend Bret had passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.  Bret and I met at Boeing more than 20 years ago and then I became friends with his wife Tammy through our camp service a few years ago.  It was heartbreakingly sad and I plan on yelling at him for dying on my birthday when I see him again. (Kidding...mostly.)

Despite the sadness, my family and the Kings were gathering at Red Robin for my birthday dinner so I put on a happy face and carried on.  Here are my beautiful sisters, Jaylene and Jenilee.


Cindy and Rylee


But my day wasn't over yet!  After dinner, I went up to the church for dance festival practice where everyone serenaded me and we celebrated with Oreos, then, to the King's for gifts.

When I finally got home, I found this fun sight, courtesy of Leah and Paige.  They decorated my "porch" and more and I loved it.


They wrote on my (eww, dirty) kitchen window.


This was one of my favorite things - this sea of colorful post-its stayed up for a couple of weeks, in fact.  So fun!


I celebrated at work too, coming in to find all of these fun things waiting on my desk when I finally decided to roll on in.


One bag contained some of this yummy goodness.  Have you tried it yet?  Yum.


My boss (well, his wife, really) sent me this amazing bag.  It's the perfect tote for travel - simply beautiful.


I also got wonderful gifts in the mail from my far away friends like all of the Catron ladies.  I know what a pain it is to ship things so these gifts are especially meaningful.  My birthday went on and on this time - from a surprise Oreo delivery from Natalie to a belated birthday cake from my mom.  All of this love helped make this a truly wonderful birthday.

2 comments:

Janssen said...

What a wonderful birthday!

I have GOT to get my hands on some of that Speculoos nonsense.

Nortorious said...

Coooooookieee buttttterrr. Unreal. Addicted.
(Oh, and HBD).