As I sit here on a Sunday enjoying a big glass of cold water and the weekly Target ad while I'm waiting for my dinner to finish cooking, I keep thinking about my friends, Tyler and Jeni. (They blog so they're fair game for me to blog about, right?)
We first met when they moved into my ward soon after they married. (Will it be 8 years this year? I think maybe so.) Anyway, I remember the very first day I met them but I don't think we started hanging out much until after they were asked to put on "From Cumorah's Hill" with the youth in our stake and I was asked to be one of the section leaders. Not long after that, I began spending nearly every Sunday afternoon/evening in their home (and then some!)
Jen would always cook us a lovely dinner. She hardly ever needed any of our help so Tyler and I would sit on the overflow couch in their dining room and we'd do a Sunday debrief of whatever happened that day in church. We'd all have a huge glass of ice cold water to drink because you are always way more thirsty on Sundays. We'd eat and then we'd all three go through the ads from the Sunday paper together. The Target ad was always a favorite and Jen and I would ooh and ahh over everything new and pretty inside. Then we'd play a game of 5000 or Settlers (or two) and enjoy whatever yummy treat Jen had for us for dessert (homemade ice cream? rice krispie squares with more marshmallows than cereal that we'd eat out of the pan? Yum!) It was always a great way to gear up for a Monday -- just relaxing and enjoying time with special friends.
They've since moved (um, three times?) but rarely does a Sunday go by that I don't think of them and miss them.
Love you guys!!
2 comments:
We love you too! Oh man....the good times we had! Thanks for the memories! What is so great however is that the overflow couch is still with us!!!
oh...i miss you too!!! that is a wonderful recap...oh, and i do miss looking at the target add! (ok, to be honest, i often look at it online!:) how silly is that!?)
love you!!! so when are you coming for your visit?
Post a Comment