Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Is Tim McGraw blogworthy? I think so!

So last night I went to see Tim McGraw in concert. A friend of mine was given tickets as a gift and she invited me to come along. Our seats were about 2/3 of the way back from the stage so not that close but not terrible. Opening for Tim were Halfway 2 Hazard and Jason Aldean. The H2H guys were okay -- a little loud but okay. Next came Jason and the girls started screaming. Jason appears to be a little Kenny Chesney-esque. He put on a nice little show but I had never even heard any of his songs. Here's a pic (my camera has 10X zoom, by the way - highly recommend you never skimp on the zoom when buying a digital camera!)


At about 9 PM, the man himself, Tim McGraw appeared on stage.


I seriously love him.


He's wearing a button down shirt made of LEATHER!

Notice in this next video that he's changed into a black wife-beater. Here's a little taste (I didn't know how long I could record & still be able to download so the videos are short - and please excuse the shaking and stuff.)


About 45 minutes into the show, the band was finishing up a song and he said "wait a minute" and then he came back in the other shirt. He said "I don't know what I was thinking wearing a leather shirt - that was way too hot." We all swooned a little.

Here's a little of "I Like it, I Love it." I have to say, his voice sounded much stronger last night than it does on the video - interesting!


My favorite song of the night was "Live Like You Were Dying."


Here's "How Bad Do You Want it" and an added bonus, you get some nice views of Tim.



And here's "Something Like That" -- and I wish I would have recorded more! But if these snippets don't make you run and download everything Tim has on iTunes then I don't know what's wrong with you.



And we'll finish up with "Real Good Man." Sigh. He's dreamy.



Another interesting thing that happened last night: during Indian Outlaw, he said something like "there's a drunk guy here - Security, take him out." And then Tim started pulling the guy's arms and pulling on the guy's wifebeater (it was that kind of night) to pull him up out of the throng crushing the stage. Security came and got the beefy guy up onstage and then the guy sort of stormed at Tim like he was going to punch him. Of course, they shuffled him right off the stage. The news today said the guy was being a jerk and heckling Tim and standing in front of people and just being a dorky drunk guy. The coolest thing was Tim didn't miss a beat and just kept on singing like nothing had happened.

He sang two full hours and we had the best time. I'd seen him with Faith on their last tour and I have to say, he's much better on his own. Faith is beautiful and talented but she doesn't have the stage presence that Tim has. So if you ever get the chance to go see him, you should. And I'll gladly go with you - even if I have to buy my own ticket. Because just look at the guy. He's totally worth it.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

I have not been to a concert in EEEOOOONNNSSS... I am sure that is not how it is spelled. But now that we live in the land of Retail AND concerts.. we might hit a few. I would be hard pressed to hit country though... :)

Sheryl said...

Glad you had such a great time! I'm not a big country fan but I must say "Live Like You Were Dying", I own and teared up watching your clip.

ammunk said...

How fun! He is in Salt Lake tomorrow night and a friend invited me to go. If it would not have been such late notice I would have loved to go.

Matt and Jen said...

Very cool! Just you wait till BILLY RAY CYRUS comes here NEXT WEEK! yes for my...eh'hem... FREE concert. But I bet I'll win with drunk people, with this being a free concert on an army base. You know I'll blog it!

autumn said...

Wow. I am not sure how much I would sweat if I wore a leather shirt, but I daresay it wouldn't be pretty.

Jill said...

How fun!!!!! I love Tim. I saw him and Faith together too. They are so cute.
I love all the pix and video's! Thanks!
I saw clips of him on the news pulling that guy out of the crowd too...how funny, that is the same concert you were at!
Tim rocks.