I've been home from Hawaii since Sunday night and just tonight turned on my computer for the first time. I'm so not ready to be back in the real world! I don't have the energy to do a major recap on my fabulous vacation but thought I'd share a little check list of the things I wanted to do or accomplish on my trip.
1. Get some rest.
Check! Even though I have all of the kids and the darling Zoey dog in bed with me here, I averaged 8-10 hours of sleep every night while I was there. I loved it! But now I've reverted to my old habits and I'm back to my regular 5-6 hours a night. NOT ENOUGH!
2. Bond with my darling and sweet nieces and nephews.
Check! Love these kids so much. They are the best kids -- really fun to be with and so dang loveable.
3. Go to the beach.

Check! We went twice - I loved it and I think I'd be happy sitting on the beach every day of my life -- as long as I have an endless supply of celebrity magazines to read (I was too scared to bring my Kindle to the beach.)
4. See lots of wildlife.
4. See lots of wildlife.

Check! More about these amazing guys later but besides sea turtles, I also saw got to see dolphins as well as a cockroach! Lucky me!
5. Get a tan.
(Sorry, no picture!) Hmm. Half a check! I came home with a sunburned back and a slight flip-flop tan on my feet but my suncreen worked a little too well everywhere else.
6. Spot cute surfer dudes
6. Spot cute surfer dudes

Oh, I'm kidding. Not Speedo guy. But this next guy was pretty easy on the eyes!

7. Try out new recipes on my sister and her family.

Check! We made a pot roast that was a lot better after we left it cooking all night and ate it the next day. My favorite new to me recipes were a beef stroganoff in the crock pot and Boni's cinnamon rolls. It is so much more fun to cook for lots of people than it is to just cook for me.

8. Spend quality time with my sister.

Check! We had a great time hanging out. I love you, Nenny Nee! Thank you for letting me stay with you.
Okay, that's all for now -- more to come, I promise!
6 comments:
Glad you had fun! Looks INCREDIBLY RELAXING!!!
That looks like a way fun vacation! i loved the sea turtle picture. Were you really that close?
p.s. mom and i loved the reeses puffs commercial on your sister's blog.
HellOOO! Welcome back! You were sorely missed, but I'm glad you had fun. :)
I am laughing sooooo hard at your speedo guy comment. And ooh, you have a Kindle? My hubby wants one so badly-- I keep saying it's a waste of money.
Thanks for saying hi!
Glad your back! Love the pix of you and your sister. You both have happy eyes! Sisters are great!
Post a Comment