Many bloggers (Chloe, for one) use November to write a post a day of grateful thoughts so I'm going to give it a try...even on the days when I really don't feel so grateful. Here are my three things for today:
1. I'm grateful for people who say yes. I got a call at 8 PM last night that three people were not going to be able to complete their assignments in Primary this morning. I called one home and that family quickly and graciously agreed to do both the music AND teach Sunbeams (aka the crazy wild 3 year olds.) Seriously, this husband and wife are true angels.
2. I'm grateful to live close to my mom. My computer is mostly fixed and now running Windows 7 but I cannot get my printer to install. I had to finish printing some stuff for my Sharing Time today and when I couldn't get the printer to load, I went to mom's and she helped me create a super fun activity for Senior Primary. My mom is such a great example of service -- she is a wonderful blessing in my life.
3. I'm grateful for eBay. I went to see "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat" for the first time ever a week ago and it was so fantastic. (Anthony Fedorov from American Idol was Joseph - he was pretty good.) I came home to try and download a soundtrack but nobody had the version with Donny Osmond as Joseph. So I logged onto eBay and went "old school" and ordered a CD that came in 4 days and with free shipping. You really can find pretty much anything you need on eBay and it's usually cheaper too.
5 comments:
I agree that that family is the BESTEST! And so is your mom. Glad you enjoyed Joseph. I still wish I could have been there with you!
That music is so funny. I love it. Your mom is funny too. I like it when I am visiting home and she is having lessons.
Lots to be grateful for, even if it includes Donny :)
Ooo, I think I should do this grateful thing too.
Donny as Joseph is the bomb. No one can rock that loin cloth the way he does. I was desperate and pirated a friend's CD after my first Joseph experience. Should have gone eBay - legal and easy!
Post a Comment