Friday, December 18, 2009

Hallelujah Chorus

I've been hearing that song in my head ever since Sunday when Kim and I went to the singalong (I did horrible on the 'amens' in "Worthy is the Lamb" though...next year, I'll practice a little beforehand.)

ANYWAY, I am enjoying the holiday season for so many reasons...here are a few:
  • First and foremost, I finally got around to mailing three packages yesterday and there was NO line at the post office. It was an amazing moment in my life. (Jill, Jasmine & Callie, you may now begin stalking the mailman.)
  • Treatfest 2009 has begun. Tricia and I had our annual baking day this week and made such yummy treats like caramel chex mix, chinese noodle cookies, peppermint meltaways, toffee, oreo truffles using the peppermint joe joe's from TJ's and chocolate almond kiss macaroons (see last year's post for pics of most of this stuff.) Two containers delivered, three more to go. I'm doing more baking this weekend for our family Christmas party on Sunday. I love, love, love to bake.
  • My mom is going to wrap my gifts for me! She loves to wrap and I love to let her.
  • I'm feeling no shopping stress. This year, I've let go of buying for the people I think I should buy for and instead I'm giving gifts only to those I want to buy for. And you know what? It's okay.
  • Got a haircut last night -- I'm cute.
  • Earlier this month, I got an unexpected cash bonus at work. It was recognition for the special assignment I've been working on since April and I earned every single penny (and, well, more but I'll take what I can get.) Anyway, I treated myself to the "precious." Yes, I bought the Kitchenaid anniversary mixer! It arrived Wednesday night but I have yet to open the box...hopefully tomorrow.
  • Our office closes Christmas Eve through New Year's Day so that means 11 days of getting up when I want and going to bed when I want. I'm planning to watch movies, finish a couple of books, do a jigsaw puzzle, play games with my friends but also do a whole lot of nothing. We need a whole lot of nothing once in awhile, don't we?

3 comments:

Koko said...

Wow! You didn't tell me about the precious coming! Or that you ordered it! That's probably just as well so you can quit obsessing over it. haha jk Don't forget about walking over the break! You deserve to REST!

lilibet said...

That KitchenAid IS a gorgeous shade. I wish they'd had it when I bought mine. I'm selling it, now, so I guess it doesn't matter.
Um, peppermint meltaways? How do you make those because I think I need to eat several of them.

Hollyween said...

You're killing me with jealousy. The kitchenaid anniversary mixer? SERIOUSLY??! I keep saying a little prayer that I'll win it every time I enter the PW's contests.


Merry Christmas to you!!!!