I'm home from Utah and too lazy/sleepy to upload my pictures at this moment in time. I do miss Utah and the people there but there are some things about Utah I don't miss. They are:
1. The horrible, foul-tasting water. I don't know how people can drink water from the tap or their fridge dispensers. It is seriously the most soapy, awful-tasting stuff. I had to buy a case of Costco water (bottled here in Washington where the water totally rocks, thank you VERY much) the first day I was there.
2. The snow. Yes, it snowed four of the days I was there. Yes, it was the end of April which I always thought was Springtime. Yes, I had to buy new shoes to wear to Women's Conference because of said snow. Very annoying.
3. The dryness. Being in Utah for any length of time always wreaks havoc on my skin and the inside of my nose. I don't want to get into this any further because it would be seriously TMI. Just know that it's not pretty. At all.
Soon to come...things I do miss about Utah and maybe even some pictures too!
6 comments:
I could have done w/out all the snow too!
hahahaha, I hear you about the dryness, that is hard. My hair is so dry here. I do love the snow and rain, I guess I just like the seasons, but it is hard when you are visiting, better to have nice weather. It is nice to have snow when you can be in your own home all cozy by the fire! Our water tastes good up here! I know some restaurants have yucky water, but ours has always been good, strange. Maybe they all have soft water because of the dryness? Anyway,. so lovely to see you and glad you like most other things! YOu are amazing!!!
Yes, we do have good water here!!! No one seems to appreciate that.
The worst thing about buying those shoes was probably that they weren't even cute -- I mean, what shoes that you have to wear in the snow are cuter than shoes you can't wear in the snow???
No the water is not good. Marci has adapted, she had ADAPTED! I didn't know there was anything wrong with our water until I moved to Washington. Sorry we couldn't have better weather for you.
Really, you think the water is bad? Did you drink any Salt Lake water or just the Provo stuff?
The water in Utah is not as bad as Idaho water. I have gotten use to it, but agree that WA water is better. My dad says we are crazy and are just use to tons of chemicals in our water. :)
Post a Comment