Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Celebrity Sighting!

I never see celebrities.  I think some people are famous-people-magnets.  I am not one of those people.  I never see anyone.  Oh there was that time 20 years ago when I met John Stamos at a car show (oh I need to dig out that photo) and of course, Pioneer Woman last April but basically, that's it.

But today?  Oh, I got lucky.

I was standing in a store that shall remain nameless (because it involves a little birthday surprise for my mom and she reads my blog.)  Anyway, I looked out the window as I was waiting in line and saw a famous person walking by, pushing a cart filled with groceries.

Do you want to know who I saw?

Okay, I'll tell you.

But wait!

Are you ready?

No seriously...are you ready?

You might think you're ready but are you REALLY ready?

Okay. 

The person I saw walking by was...

SHAMBO from last year's Survivor!


I know, right??? So dang exciting.

Her hair was a lot longer (still cut in a massive and major mullet) and she looked a lot tinier than she did on TV but it was definitely her.  She's a local.  For realz.

I really wanted to chase her down and say hi but it was dark and rainy and I didn't want to scare her.

But cool, huh?  An actual celebrity, like, 3 miles from my house.

So tell me a famous person you've seen...just try and top Shambo.

10 comments:

MotherBeck said...

I saw Donny Osmond once in an Albertson's in Provo, but Shambo is seriously cooler that cool!!

Jessica said...

NO!! That is the awesomest celebrity sighting ever! You really should have chatted her up!

Jack Bauer was on the same airplane as me forever ago. That's all I got.

Jazzy said...

I saw nasty Tyson (UT native) in the grocery store---but for some reason I feel like that doesn't top Shambo.

I miss you. You need to start blogging more :)

CK Morgan said...

ha. mom will write this but when we first moved to Seattle Gary Payton was in line in front of us at Fred Meyer buying hangers. We didn't know who he was back then. Somebody told us :)
You are a lucky lady!

Natalie Smith said...

I would have loved to see Shambo! My story I bragged about as a kid was when we saw Bill Nye the science guy in the airport! Bill. Bill. Bill.

Shannon said...

I don't watch Survivor but if I would've seen Shambo I would've stopped to get a good look...I seriously love mullets!

I saw Bruce Willis in NYC last month. He's small but awesome--super nice and looked hot!

lilibet said...

Bill Gates at the international satellite of Seatac, 7 am on a Sunday. No one else was there and I kept staring to make sure it was him. He looked discomfited.

I don't know who Shambo is, but she definitely looks like a lot of fun to talk to.

Sheryl said...

I saw Jeanlle Shaw at church once.

Emily Robison said...

Awesome! When I was watching it and they said she was from Renton, I got really excited. That is awesome you got to see her!!

Jamie said...

Well President Obama is coming to my Harry Potter party tonight. ;) Thats awesome sister Shaw. Love you!