Saturday, August 30, 2008

The best pumpkin muffins ever!

I wanted to bring a treat to Patty's to thank her for hosting me this weekend. Since it's practically September and the weather is turning fall-like here anyway (blech), I thought I'd make pumpkin muffins.

Besides being completely awesome, your house will smell heavenly when you bake these. Little kids love them and they also freeze really well.


4 1/2 cups sugar
1 large can of pumpkin puree (or 3 cups)
6 eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 cup water
5 1/4 cups flour
1 1/2 tab cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 1/2 tsp salt
3 tsp baking soda
2 + cups chocolate chips (as much or as little as you like)
1 cup chopped nuts (opt)

Whisk together flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt & baking soda, set aside. Mix sugar, pumpkin, eggs, oil and water. Add flour mixture. Stir in chips and nuts. Spoon into lined muffin trays. Bake 15-20 minutes in 350 degree oven or until a tester comes out clean.

Notes:
  • This recipe makes a whole lot of muffins so I usually half it. I halved the recipe this time and it made two dozen regular sized muffins and four dozen mini muffins.
  • You could also put some of the batter into a greased/floured loaf pan. If so, bake for about an hour or until the tester comes out clean.
  • I used too many chocolate chips this time, which was one whole package of mini chocolate chips but they still totally rock.
  • If you half the recipe, you just use a small can of pumpkin puree instead of the big one. I saved you from dirtying a measuring cup! You are SO welcome! :)

6 comments:

Hollyween said...

Oh, man. I'm so in love with pumkin muffins. I'm going to have to make these. I've got the 'fall bug' and these look like they'll hit the spot.

Did you you use semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips?

Jen said...

wish i could have a pumpkin muffin - TBA

And I would totally go with Semi-Sweet chips! (well...if you are a real baker)

heathersblogdesigns said...

Those look really yummy! It's just me checking in on you! How are you? Just wanted to say hi! :) Hope all is well.

D-dawg said...

Those look SO GOOD. Thanks for the recipe!

Jill said...

YUMMY!!!!!! Thanks for sharing. Pumpkin and chocolate are a great mix. I totally want some now!!!!!!

ammunk said...

Making these and your delicious cream cheese pumpkin bread tonight! So excited!!