While I was at camp, I got a voicemail from one of my closest friends. She was sobbing and asking for prayers. Her husband was sick in the hospital and they weren't sure what was wrong. This week we got the official diagnosis: lung cancer, stage 4. He starts chemo next week. I'm just heartsick. He's 50, otherwise healthy and was never a smoker. Why does this happen?
I've been struggling with how to help. Right now, they are just processing, planning and dealing with the news. She doesn't want food, doesn't want company. She just wants prayers, wants her husband to have his pain relieved and wants life to feel normal again. She is sure they can beat it. I'm praying hard they will.
And my other thoughts?
My Stampin Up catalog came yesterday. Yay! So many fun ideas and things to spend my money on.
I'm still freaked out by Breaking Dawn. Hope to finish it this weekend so we can discuss.
I came home from work, exhausted from my long week, from crying all day on Friday and made the best dinner. Caesar salad with bow tie pasta. Yum! I proceeded to fall asleep at 6:30 PM and woke up at 10:30 PM, unsure where I was and what day it was, when my mom called from the airport, ready to be picked up after spending a few days in Utah. I totally missed the Olympics opening ceremonies. Ding dong... I was asleep again by midnight and slept until 8 AM. I do love it when I get good sleep!
Time to read and do laundry. Hope you all have a great weekend. And if you feel so inclined, please pray for Rick, Michelle and their darling 14 year old daughter, Dani. Thank you!! xoxo
1 comment:
I'm still prayin' for them. Glad your catching up on some well-deserved sleep. Wish I could have one of those homemade brownies! haha The book is interesting...
Post a Comment