Monday, January 11, 2010

The highlights of my week

Besides the Bachelor premiere and the creepy complimenter, here's what else made up my week:
  • Bought a ticket to go to Utah the end of April. I'm going to Callie's graduation from BYU (woo hoo!) and Women's Conference. It's going to be fantastic.
  • Got the H1N1 shot for free at work (I love working for a big company.)
  • Got tickets to see "Legally Blonde the Musical" for next month with Chrissy, Kim and a few of our other friends. Oh, but I'm SO excited to see this show. I think it will be difficult for Chrissy and me to not recite lines and sing the songs.
  • Ate the most amazing clementine oranges ever. EVER! I mean, so good they made my weekly highlights!
  • Bought a bag of the most unamazing (aka ROTTEN!) clementine oranges. (Thank you, Costco for the buzzkill.)
  • Started reading my book again - I don't know why I put it down. I just get busy. I wish I was independently wealthy. I could get so much more reading done if work didn't get in the way. And it's so dang cute -- thanks again for the recommendation, Shannon!
  • FINALLY got to minus 20 pounds at WW. It has taken forever but it's gone for good, people. Now I'm hard at work on the next 20.
  • Partied with some of my most favorite, longtime friends. Every January we get together to celebrate birthdays. This year, we had a theme and everyone was supposed to bring a white trash food to share. I went with my bacon cheeseball because hello, it's a ball of cheese that's rolled in a pound of fried bacon. Lisa brought this beautiful cake.

    Can you even believe it? Heather brought the celery/peanut butter/chocolate chip things in the background. Patty made bacon wrapped little smokeys that sat in an oven for 5 hours basting in some sort of brown sugar sauce. Heaven. Why does bad food have to be so dang tasty?

    Anyway, it was so much fun to catch up and laugh our behinds off. I seriously love these girls and already cannot wait until next year's party. (The birthday girls are the ones in sweats/pajamas...I think next year's party will be a pajama party for all of us.)

7 comments:

Hollyween said...

I think I need to host my own white trash party because that looks like tons of fun.

Congratulations on the weight loss!! That's a major accomplishment. I joined WW after I had Faith and it took me an entire YEAR to lose 15 pounds. Losing weight is hard work!!

Alesa said...

Just have to pop in and say you're my hero. 20 @ WW!!!! Way to go! My mom and sisters always go to woman's conference-so awesome! I've really enojoyed your posts lately. Thanks!!

Sheryl said...

Way to go on the 20! Jamie graduates in April also.
LOVE the party idea!

marciw60 said...

Congrats on the weight loss and hilarious party! I love the weight trash food ideas. I might just have to have one of those parties! Thanks for the idea! You are amazing. Keep up the weight loss! Love you!

lilibet said...

Wow! 20 pounds is a lot of hard work! I'm trying to lose the first of 50 and it seems to be taking forever. :/ I had no idea there was a Legally Blonde the Musical!!! I need to see it. I love Legally Blonde.
It deeply disappoints me when I get a bag of bad fruit from Costco, especially orange-like things. I love oranges and a 20 lb container of lame oranges is depressing.

Vanessa said...

YAY to 20 pounds! That is so great!

Matt and Jen said...

What the heck was that Twinkie Ding Dong cake??? Nathan said, "WHOA! Is that a PERSON??" Now my kids wanna make one. Too bad we didn't know that while we were in PO feasting on twinkies and ding dongs!!