Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jaylene's Like, Totally Awesome Birthday Party


January 29th was my sister Jaylene's 31st birthday. I still can't believe she's 31 already since I vividly remember the day she was born (ugh, I'm old.) Jaylene is a super fun girl who loves any excuse to have a party and this birthday was no different. She had an 80s Prom themed party last night with about 25 friends and family members. I didn't get a prom dress but did get a new 'do and some hot 80s makeup for the occasion (thanks to my sister Jana for the awesome makeover.) I was rocking the waterfall pony complete with scrunchy and amazing bangs...wouldn't you agree?

Here's a pic of my mom and the birthday girl. Jaylene looked hot in a royal blue ensemble. My mom had some nicely colored hair for the evening to go with her satin & lace gown.
My mom also won the moonwalk contest (yes, really) and she was crowned prom queen! Isn't that the greatest?


Jaylene's brother-in-law Brandon was prom king. Here he is looking a lot like Joe Dirt with his cute wife Sarah.
My sister Jenilee had a totally awesome side pony. Here she is with her date Keith (her BFF from high school & fill in for her deployed husband Matt.) Note the corsage & boutonniere -- Jaylene had them for all of the guests.

We played some awesome games: pin the glove on Michael Jackson, guess the 80s TV show theme song and 80s slang bingo. We also played the birthday girl's favorite game which is to have all of the guests close our eyes while she has us try a bite of some of her favorite foods and then we have to guess what it is, just by tasting. Jaylene's favorite foods included kettle corn, cornbread, peanut butter M&Ms, old fashioned donuts, cheddar & sour cream ruffles and Twix. You should try this at a party sometime. It's fun to watch everyone with their mouths open like birds and it's actually kind of challenging to guess what the foods are.

One of the coolest things Jaylene did was get these scratch tickets made -- mine was a winner! I won a Cold Stone Creamery gift card - yum.


The big finale was a surprise appearance by Aaron Neville and Linda Ronstadt singing their smash hit duet "Don't Know Much." Here's a pic of Aaron...check out the mole!

I video'd it but it was too dark in the room so it's a pitch black video. Keith recorded it too so if his is better, I'll link it for you. Seriously, they sounded just like them.

Anyway, it was a super fun party. Jaylene is a fantastic hostess and an even better sister. Love ya, Bethy!

10 comments:

Jazzy said...

Your hair and that mole are hilarious! What a clever girl.

Vanessa said...

Crimped hair! I was the queen of that!

what a fun party!

Anonymous said...

this was hilarious!

and I have been praying for you. xoxo, m

CK Morgan said...

what a fun party. I love all the game ideas and you look fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhhh... Jeanelle..... YOU'RE THE BESTIST!

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh.... Jeanelle..... YOU'RE THE BESTIST!

lilibet said...

Oh, my goodness, that looks like so much fun. Fun to watch, I mean. I'm not the type who can actually participate in things like that. :)

Sheryl said...

I love theme parties! What a blast!

Christie said...

LOVE your hairdo. Seriously had the same one myself. Maybe that's why.

Koko said...

Oh my goodness -- I can't believe your mom! haha She is the most fun lady! Thanks for blogging about all of these things...such great ideas!!! You are a FUN, FUN family!