Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Monkey, will you marry me? Blech.

I want it on the record that I am a sap. Truly! I love romance, I love happy endings, I love schmaltz. With that being said, there's a fine line between "You've Got Mail" and pretty much anything on the Lifetime channel, in my humble opinion. I mean, a girl has to have standards, you know! But give me a romantic movie, book, song or TV show and I'm in heaven.

But the "most romantic proposal ever" on last night's Bachelor? Meh. The "Monkey, will you marry me" proposal was just eye-rollingly embarrassing. And do you think Shayne has some sort of unresolved daddy issues? Something about the way she sort of jumps on Matt and hangs on him (like a MONKEY!) and then the whole baby-talk voice just makes me wonder. (I'm not a psychiatrist but I play one on this blog.)

Anyway, congratulations Matt & Monkey. Best wishes and all that jazz. Jaded readers, what do you give them? Six months?

By the way, I loved Chelsea giving it to him at the end and Matt's almost feeble defense of Shayne and her character. That was good TV!

New subject -- for those of you tracking my last to-do list, I'm having my windshield replaced today! I know you're all so very proud of me, aren't you? And no, I still haven't made my dental or eye appts. Someday! But the windshield guy is coming out to get my car and then he's bringing it back after it's done. Will he REALLY bring it back? I'm kind of fond of my car...

3 comments:

Jazzy said...

For your sake, I hope he does. Yes, I agree, I felt the same way about Parv winning Survivor. Lame. Amanda should've totally fought harder for it. Anyhow, let down city in the reality TV world.

Lindsey said...

I am glad you didn't let this little mis-hap crush your belief in love and romance. Yeah, the Monkey proposal left little to be desired. I give it two.. tops.

Jill said...

The Bachelor was great...I agree with you on everything. I think they might last 8 months though!! HA HA