I neglected to mention earlier that I'm going to a singles conference all day Saturday/tomorrow. Probably because the previous post was all happy thoughts and well, singles events do not make me happy. It's the most awkward and uncomfortable environment ever. Everyone is looking at everyone else, or pretending not to be looking at everyone else. It's just weird and I'm completely dreading even walking into the building.
I'm truly only going for three reasons: 1. the keynote speakers are James & Bonnie Parkin (SO excited to hear her speak in person!) 2. I'm going with two of my favorite friends, Lily and Ida and 3. I need to try and meet single LDS men because the only men I meet now are already married, are gay or are 20 years younger than me.
We're not staying for the dance that evening because the last singles dance we went to was made up of either men who brought dates or men who were talking about their grandchildren. You think I'm kidding but I promise you I am not. And while grandchildren talk is all well and good for the 50ish-60ish women, it's not good for the 40ish, but looks and acts so much younger, women, like myself. ;)
So to all of you happily and not always happily married women out there, walk away from the computer and go hug your husbands right this very minute and be grateful you have them. It's no fun looking. At all.
4 comments:
I'm so sorry! I know how it aches to want something and not have it. You are such a fun person though! Keep up your happy attitude about life! So many people love you.
I wanna go to one of those dances with you just to watch the people!!! It's gotta be awesome!
Oh man...that takes me back to BYU days where I felt like a cow at the meat market, instead of a YW at a dance! :) Those men don't know what they're missing (I'm talking about YOU!).
I wanted to post a quick hello. I have never met you, I found your blog through Jill's (who I don't know either but she knows my family) I have been following your blog for a few weeks and wanted to thank you for being an inspiration to me as a single LDS girl. Thanks for blogging.
Post a Comment