Why is this a perfect Saturday? Well, I'll tell you in a minute. Here's a recap of my week...going backward, starting with yesterday:
Friday: I went to work and at about 11:30, Dave says "time to go - pack it up." And with that, I packed it up and headed for home. I love getting told to go home early! I had my b-day lunch with Alberta at Panera then came home and took a three hour nap. Yes. A three hour nap! I also got my mail and a package arrived from Richard & Sue. They got me a whole bunch of cupcake stuff -- cookbook, cute papers, decorating bags/tips and these cookie molds from Williams Sonoma to make the Bakerella cupcake pops I've been dying to try. I keep having to say it but you guys don't believe me! I'm spoiled rotten! Then I went to dinner group and it was great plus we played a fun game called Rage and I won. Ta da! I came home to find my mom had snuck (sneaked?) over and done some cleaning for me. She apparently waited in the parking lot until I left and then broke in (with her own key) to surprise me. I have the best mom. She's a stalker but I love her.
Thursday: I cannot remember what I did on Thursday. It must have been something. Hmm.
Wednesday: Camp kick-off. It turned out really good and helped me to feel better about going this year. I have the most motivated, spirited, camp-loving YCLs this year. They were a blast to be around on Wednesday and it made the night just perfect.
Tuesday: Camp preparations and a Primary presidency meeting. Love the ladies I serve with. I also finally watched the Bachelorette. Loved it! I think DeAnna is darling. I didn't watch enough of the Bachelor when she was in the final two because that guy talked like a bad actor who was reading his lines. Oh the pain of listening to him - blech. But back to the Bachelorette: I have some favorites already, specifically the single father. I'm biased because he's from this area...well, and he's cute. I liked a lot of them actually -- just didn't like the guy with the speedo. Ick.
Monday: I went to Dick's Drive-in and Trophy Cupcakes at lunchtime with a couple girls from work for our birthdays. Very fun. That marshmallow one is my favorite now, I think. They both loved the hummingbird but it's banana and if you read my birthday post, you know I cannot stand bananas so that one is not even tempting. After work, I delivered cupcakes and then went to a b-day dinner with a friend. Fun night!
That brings us back to today, a gloriously perfect sunny and 70 degrees outside Saturday. I went to bed late Friday and woke up early due to the 3 hour nap but that's okay. So far this morning I've cleaned, re-organized my spice cupboard, done two loads of laundry, sent out a bunch of camp emails, worked on my sharing time for tomorrow, put away b-day gifts, listened to a great iPod playlist, and watched Grey's Anatomy -- all while the sun is shining and the windows are open letting in the fresh air. Grey's? I really loved it, except for the one kiss at the end but all of the other kisses at the end were great. I'm excited for Meredith & Derek. I loved Christina getting to show her stuff to crabby Hahn. I love the idea of Lexie and George although they might be too alike? Not sure. Anyway, great season finale.
And now, I must leave you to go shower because Lily & Ida are coming to take me to see IRON MAN with my boyfriend Robert Downey Jr. Then we're going somewhere for dinner. I'm so excited. See, I told you this was a perfect Saturday. I got stuff done AND I get to see a movie with friends? A movie I've been dying to see with a man I drool over??? Perfection.
No comments:
Post a Comment