Sunday, April 27, 2008

The negatives

Disclaimer: my blog is really just for me. It's a method of recording what goes on in my humdrum life since I refuse to keep an actual pen to paper journal and it's also used to write about things that bother me. There will be long and boring posts that appeal to only me and my sister (see today's earlier post) and then there will be too many posts about TV that will make me look like I have way too much time on my hands (really, I just don't sleep enough.) So what I'm saying is, this particular post is not meant to elicit comments from anyone (real or internet) that "it'll all be okay." I just needed to write these things down -- both the mundane and the heartfelt.

I couldn't just talk about the good stuff so here is a much shorter post about what was crappity about my week, in no particular order of importance:
  1. No email or internet on my iPod touch since Monday and I have had no time to sit on hold with Apple to try and figure out what's wrong. Yes, I've tried to figure it out myself.
  2. Laundry. At least four loads waiting to be done, maybe five. Obviously I've been ignoring it for awhile.
  3. Feeling like I've hurt someone's feelings.
  4. Buying a new skirt without first trying it on, only to get home and find that it's mismarked so it's not going to work after all. And of course, I called and they don't have the size I need at the store. Fabulous.
  5. I have wonderful family and friends and know my nature is divine and all that but that is not enough to curb loneliness that is just painful sometimes.
  6. Going to the grocery store with a list and still forgetting to buy three things I needed.
  7. Letting someone have a name off of my "if I ever have a baby, this is what I would name him/her" list. Because I'll be 41 in 19 days so really, motherhood is likely not gonna happen for me.
  8. Waking up before 6 AM both days this weekend when there was absolutely no reason for it. Monday morning is going to roll around and I am not going to want to wake up before 6 AM.
  9. Taking too much time on the internet and being late to church. Again.

5 comments:

Jazzy said...

Well, I don't know a lot, but I do know you looked smokin' today! Again-loved the outfit AND I love you too. No worries, my friend. A brand-new week is upon us!

P.S. I loathe Izzie as well.

Jen said...

love you...you make me laugh!!!xoxoxoxivtnrh

Koko said...

You didn't put that you had to deal with cranky #4! Sorry about the skirt...that's a bummer! I think you forgot stuff at the grocery store because I rushed you? If so, sorry! I want the LIST of names! You're safe with me -- I won't steal them for myself! haha I hear you about waking up too early...did both days of the weekend too -- maybe it's those silly birds? Were you late for Church? I didn't notice....however, I did notice your beautiful smiling face while I was having a heart attack at the pulpit! Thanks! love ya!

Sheryl said...

Sometimes Life Just Sucks! (we're not allowed such vulgar language at my house)

lilibet said...

There are roosters across the gully from us that I have seriously considered murdering during the summer. The combination of light and rooster crowing wakes me up for the day at 4 am sometimes.