I was in heaven from January-April of 2008 because nearly every Sunday night, we were treated to a Jane Austen movie on PBS. I loved it! I watched all of them: Mansfield Park, Emma, Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Persuasion, Northanger Abbey as well as Miss Austen Regrets (which was not my favorite - at all.)
It was difficult for me to choose my favorite out of this list. I loved Persuasion. I loved the story, the longing and the scenery. Wentworth was so dreamy too. But truly, my favorite is the new version of Sense and Sensibility. The casting was absolutely perfect and I love that it was a longer version than the Emma Thompson movie. I loved it so much that I bought it on DVD and it's still on my TiVo too.
Which one was your favorite???
3 comments:
I loved Persuasion too.
Frankly, my favorite movie of the year, though, was North and South. Swoon! :)
I have seen NONE of them!
I loved them all -- except I didn't see Miss Austen regrets. I personally like the Ciaran Hinds version of Persuasion to the one they showed, but that one was good, too. How can you go wrong with that story??
Post a Comment