Saturday, December 20, 2008

My favorite things of 2008 -- my bed

I heart my bed.

It's not the bed frame/headboard that I love because it's nothing special and a hand-me-down. My bedding is pink/white/khaki stripes from Crate & Barrel and it's very cute but the thing I love most is my memory foam mattress topper.

Sleeping on it is just my idea of heaven. When I went to Hawaii, my sister's bed had one so I had to buy one as soon as I got home. I found this one at Costco. (Well, Kim picked it up for me -- thank you again Kimberly.)

They have a funny foamy odor at first but that goes away pretty quickly. Mine came with a mattress pad-like thing you put over it so the topper stays in place and doesn't shift off of your mattress. It makes my bed even taller, which I like. And even when you wake up at 6:30 AM on a day when you could sleep in, you still wake up looking like this.


I really, really love my bed.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

I have that topper too! Except, it has made getting out of bed and rolling over very hard for a pregnant lady!

Bridget said...

I LOVE my tempurpedic foamy pad thing on my bed. It is the best!! Can't sleep well anywhere else now.

Matt and Jen said...

I love my mattress topper too! But Matt doesn't! So it's on our floor! Now the bed sucks. But he loves it! Sheesh! No one wins! Maybe we need a "sleep number bed"??? haha

Jazzy said...

ooo, I think we need to look into one of those...

Koko said...

Well, you do look awfully happy and beautiful...!!

marciw60 said...

Ahhh, you look rested!! It is always lovely to have an excellent bed!!

Jill said...

My sister has one of those too and they are awesome. I already LOVE my bed, but it could be so much better!!!!!!

ammunk said...

Wow, you do look happy! :) We should probably play sometime after christmas and before monday (when we leave for ID). I am pretty open with in that gap though. What is your schedule like?