Sunday, December 7, 2008

Some good things that happened this week

So I've had 4 straight days of cruddiness but there have been some good things this week too. I thought I should capture them to help remind me that life isn't always crappy.

1. I became an auntie again! My sister Jaylene had her 4th child, a son, early this morning. For awhile it looked like he would be called Stryker (I know, I know) but he's going to be Carsen "Vroom Vroom" James instead. (Four year old Makenna added the Vroom Vrooms.) I just got back from the hospital where I snapped this picture with my phone. He only weighed 6 lbs 8.5 oz and I think it's all in his face - he has the best cheeks! You can't see it but his hat has a gold skull and crossbones. Nice! There is nothing like holding a brand new baby.

2. Last Thursday's Office was probably the most hilarious one I've ever seen. From Michael saying Pam's chair was "urkelnomically correct" to Andy stepping in manure in Dwight's kitchen and later getting hit in the head with a ball thrown by Mose to Angela giving Andy a huge kiss right after he took a big bite of his tuna sandwich, it was a laugh a minute episode for me.

3. We had an awesome fast and testimony meeting today. It was just what I needed.

4. I was able to see my dear friend Michelle while I was at the hospital tonight. Her husband is the one fighting lung cancer. He's been in the hospital for a week and I'm worried (if you'd like to pray for him, his name is Rick.) She's staying very positive so I'm trying to rely on that. So while the fact that Rick's in the hospital doesn't count as something good, seeing Michelle was good for my soul. I love her.

5. It only cost $19.50 to fill my gas tank yesterday.

And finally, I've saved the best for last: my laptop is on its way. Wahoo!

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Good golly, one of those sweet little things is right around the corner for me! I don't know if I am ready....:)

Matt and Jen said...

I had a TERRIBLE day at church yesterday. It was just a combination of people rambling about nothing partaining to the lessons, and I did not feel spiritually uplifted after yesterday's church. Hopefully next week will be better.

Bridget said...

The office was fantastic!

Hollyween said...

Can I just tell you that I loved the great CD package I received from you?

You rock. It totally MADE my day. I was jazzin' to Christmas music and thinking of you, cyber friend.

Thank-You. A BIG thank-you.

Ü