Thursday, December 11, 2008

My favorite things of 2008 -- best song lyric

We're nearing the end of another year and I've begun to compile a list of some of my most favorite things of 2008. Today, as the blog title attests, is "best song lyric."

Like everyone else, this year I loved listening to "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz. The best line in that song goes like this: "I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted."

I may or may not have thought that line when I would see a certain cute boy at work. I plead the fifth.

Second favorite lyric of the year is from the same song: "scooch on over closer, dear...and I will nibble your ear." It's lovely when sung by Jason but even better coming from my 4 year old niece Natalie.

Here's the video -- it's the second line of the song, in case your name isn't Callie and you don't have this and every other song memorized. ;)

5 comments:

Callie said...

ha ha!! I only know most songs, not every song! :D
It was good to chat today!

Matt and Jen said...

GOOD MOM AWARD OVER HERE FOR LETTING HER 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER LISTEN TO SONGS ABOUT NIBBLING ON PEOPLE'S EARS!!! sheesh!

Janssen said...

Bart and I were just listening to this on the way to work this morning. So clever and lovely.

CK Morgan said...

i think my mom's would be "you look so dumb right now" I don't know what song that is from though. but i think you told her that is what the singer was saying :)

Jenibelle said...

Love, love, love that song! I didn't know what he looked like, kinda cute!